Saturday, May 26, 2007

Beartooth Highway

This week has been great, I have had a few days off and did some exploring. The first pictures are of the the snow we had here in Mammoth this week. I know you are all feeling the warmth in North Carolina, so I thought I would cool you all off a bit. Next is some of the flowers coming into bloom in the Rockies. I headed to Chico Hot Springs, nice resort, Thursday and discovered Paradise Valley. Told my Children, if I ever move here this is where I would settle for the rest of my life. It is so beautiful.....The next pictures are of me and My roommate, when we hiked the Canary Springs. Then the rest of the pictures are of the Beartooth Highway. It was suppose to open Friday, so we headed north to see it, and surprise, it wasn't open. So when we got to the top,
a small line was forming so I asked and was told when the snow plow came down they were going to open it. So we were the 10th car to go on the Beartooth this year. What an experience and what sights we saw as you will all see.
More Later......

1 comment:

Charly On Life said...

Wow Betty, your blog is sophisticated compared to mine. Mine looks outdated. The photos are gorgeous. You are living a lifetime experience. I've told the Yellowstoners here about you working in Yellow.