Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hiking in Yellowstone

As of today, I have hiked 90 miles in Yellowstone. With under 4 weeks to go I am aiming for my 100 mile pin and shirt. And I can do it.........Last week I hiked 12 miles to Osprey Falls, and thought I would die on the trail. As 1 1/2 mile of the trail is straight down and of course you have to come back up. It was one beautiful waterfall, but you could only see it by making the trek down. Today we headed to Slough Creek and hiked 6 miles, what beautiful country as you will see by the pictures. We sat for about 1/2 hour just admiring the surroundings.

Well, I am getting excited about heading home. Karen is flying in on the 12 of Sept. and we are heading for home on the 15th. I am hoping to get off at noon, so we can start our way to North Carolina. I am so looking forward to seeing my children, grandchildren and dogs. And we are going to be having a new baby around the 30th of September and I do want to be home for her birth.

Enjoy the scenery of Yellowstone.....

No comments: