Friday, July 27, 2007

Fishing and Camping

Just got back to my Dorm after going fishing and camping this week. Fly fishing I do love, enjoyed being in the river with water up to my thighs with no one around and casting my heart out. Didn't catch anything, but my flies stayed on and the one my instructor put on came off. So I was full of myself. We went to Slough Creek, as this is a fly fishing paradise. So Kevin and Jeff I am now ready to go fly fishing with you two and show you a few tricks of the trade.

When we finished fishing, Carolanne and I headed to the Tetons on the Snake River for a few days camping, meeting up with the other gals. I have realized that I really don't enjoy sleeping on the ground, not being able to shower for 3 days, swatting off the bugs and wondering if the bears were going to visit. But I did have a good time, even through it rained for 3 nights, and just before we started cooking supper. On our last night, while in the middle of domino's, the Sand Cranes were creating a ruckus. So we decided to see what was up, and lo and behold a grizzly was crossing the Snake River, about 250 yards from our camp. We watched him until he got loss in the high grass. As you can imagine I didn't sleep very well last night. We took a side trip to Teton Village, hoping to catch a glance of Harrison Ford, as he has a ranch in the area. Then headed over to Jackson, had a fantastic lunch at Sweetwaters, and did some shopping. Then we drove back to the campsite in the rain, and spent the evening trying to figure out how to cook in the rain. Oh the campsite in the pictures were free.

My next big adventure is going to be a tour guide for Jan and Thom Williams. Looking forward to their visit to Yellowstone and showing them the sites.

More later..........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Betty - you are having the most marvelous time - we are getting envious. What fantastic photos, you are quite the photographer. Do you plan to publish a guide book on the area? If not, why don't you consider it? I have been to Yellowstone but I have never seen alot of the areas you have photographed - I missed so much. I hope Richard and I will have opportunity to visit that way someday soon. Love you, Richard and Joyce Smith