Monday, July 16, 2007

Hiking

This month has been taken up with longer distance hiking, and some other interesting activities.
I have, as of today, 56 miles of hiking. I hope to make 100 miles by the time I leave in Sept. I know it has been a month since my last blog, but what a month. I went on my first white water
rafting trip and what a blast. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post of that water trip. But, I have put some on the site of some of the areas that I hiked. The longest was Garnet Hill and I thought that was going to be the end of Betty, as I didn't have enough water. Planned for a 3 mile
excursion, and it ended up 8 miles long. But, after some resting up, later that week I went 4 1/2 miles thru the geyser basins, which was very informative. This past weekend I went canoeing with some of the ladies from my dorm. What a beautiful ride-We didn't do hardly any paddling, as we had a wonderful current and the water was crystal clear, with the mountain ranges in the distance. I am ready to canoe again. Today we went on Beaver Pond Trail, which is 5 miles. Every hike I have taken is an adventure, and the sites are spectacular. Love this park more every day.
More later.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds heavenly, mom. Glad you're having such a wonderful time! At the rate you're going, you'll probably surpass your goal of 100 miles of hiking!! Love, Karen