Monday, April 30, 2007

Black Bear

Yesterday, after lunch we decided to go on a small hike on the upper terraces of Mammoth. So four of us hop in my car and I drove up to the location, and we exited the car. We were walking
over to the path, when our resident comedian announced that she had hiked enough and turned around. Next thing we heard was BLACK BEAR, very nicely. Of course we thought she was joking but when we turned around their he was walking right toward us. One of the other girls said "move to the car slowly" which we did while taking pictures. That beautiful bear headed right up
the path we were going. I still can't believe that Carrie turned around when she did or else we would have had a bear on our tail. I do have more respect for the wild and this wonderful park.
Today, was my first day on the res floor, and are all of us new trainees tired...We put in a full day, and I booked quite a few rooms.
More later......

2 comments:

Dee said...

Betty, I about flipped when I read about the bear...you better come home...LOL
Will work tomorrow and then leave on Friday morning for Lake Gaston and Greg's (#1son) wedding. We will stay there until Sunday. Should be a fun weekend. All the sons and families together at the same time since many years ago.
Keep having fun with the reservations and the bears.
Hugs, Dot

Sabrina said...

Looks like you're having a great time and doing a lot of walking. Good exercise. Now you see why I love Bass Lake like I do. You just never know what kind of wildlife you'll see. We have lots of ducklings and goslings right now. Glad you are having a great time!

Sabrina